Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSE 5 mph
- Barometer30.01 in (1017.8 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility2.00 mi
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Harrison, Boone County Airport (KHRO)
Lat: 36.28 Lon: -93.15 Elev: 1106ft.
3 Miles NNE Fallsville AR
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Patchy freezing fog before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the evening.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. North wind around 5 mph.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. North northeast wind around 5 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 34. North northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. East northeast wind around 5 mph becoming south southeast in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. South southeast wind around 5 mph.
- Friday A chance of rain or freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Newton County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE