Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.29 in
- Dewpoint9°F (-13°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Los Alamos Airport (KLAM)
Lat: 35.88 Lon: -106.28 Elev: 7172ft.
4 Miles SSW Los Alamos Airport NM
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 38. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Calm wind.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 5 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Night A 10 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jemez Mountains, NM
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE