Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 3 mph
- Barometer29.94 in (1012.3 mb)
- Dewpoint62°F (17°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport (KCSV)
Lat: 35.96 Lon: -85.08 Elev: 1867ft.
5 Miles S Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport TN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Rain. Low around 45. Light west wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Rain. High near 49. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Rain before 3am, then a chance of rain or freezing drizzle. Low around 31. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 33. East northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 49. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 43. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. South wind around 5 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24. North northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, TN
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 5 Miles S Crossville Memorial-Whitson Field Airport TN
35.9°N 85.09°W (Elev. 1863 ft)
- Last Update: 6:00 pm CST Dec 5, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 7pm CST Dec 5, 2013-6pm CST Dec 12, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE