Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.81 in (1007.8 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Hickory Regional Airport (KHKY)
Lat: 35.76°N Lon: 81.38°W Elev: 1165ft.
2 Miles W Linville Falls NC
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight A chance of showers, mainly after 3am. Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 47. West southwest wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. High near 62. Breezy, with a southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before 10pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. Windy, with a west northwest wind 34 to 39 mph decreasing to 24 to 29 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 45 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Burke Mountains, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE