Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 6 MPH
- Barometer29.94 in (1015.0 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
China Lake, Naval Air Facility (KNID)
Lat: 35.68639 Lon: -117.69000 Elev: 2283ft.
20 Miles NNW China Lake CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a steady temperature around 26. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 29. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Light east wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 35. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. East southeast wind 6 to 9 mph becoming west in the evening.
- Saturday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Owens Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE