Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.80 in (1007.4 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Hickory Regional Airport (KHKY)
Lat: 35.76°N Lon: 81.38°W Elev: 1165ft.
4 Miles N Ellendale NC
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 77. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tonight Showers likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 53. Southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 5pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5pm. High near 70. Breezy, with a light southwest wind becoming west southwest 17 to 22 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 26. Blustery, with a west northwest wind 16 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 43 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 42. Northwest wind 15 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 24.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 59.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alexander County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE