Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 16 G 25 mph
- Barometer30.11 in
- Dewpoint21°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill38°F (3°C)
Current conditions at
Flippin Automatic Weather Observing/Reporting Sys (KFLP)
Lat: 36.29°N Lon: 92.59°W Elev: 1148ft.
Fifty Six AR
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 49. Breezy, with a north northwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 32. North northwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. South southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday A 20 percent chance of rain after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 61. South wind 5 to 15 mph. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west northwest after midnight. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. North wind around 5 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. East northeast wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. North northeast wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 55.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 63.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Stone County, AR
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE