Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes Wed. into Thurs. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-30 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains on Wednesday. Wind Chill Advisories or Warnings are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
- Wind SpeedSW 7 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1026.2 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill44°F (7°C)
Current conditions at
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY)
Lat: 36.05 Lon: -79.47 Elev: 617ft.
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport NC
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 26. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 41. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Rain, mainly after 8am. High near 43. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Rain likely. Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alamance County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE