Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 17 MPH
- Barometer29.96 in (1015.4 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
China Lake, Naval Air Facility (KNID)
Lat: 35.68639 Lon: -117.69000 Elev: 2283ft.
24 Miles NNE China Lake CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Southwest wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Saturday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Windy, with a west wind 26 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 45 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 14. North wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 17. Blustery, with a north wind 13 to 18 mph increasing to 19 to 24 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40. Breezy.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Blustery.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 51.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Death Valley National Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE