Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWSW 1 G 6 MPH
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
KYLE CANYON (KYCN2)
Lat: 36.266667 Lon: -115.6000 Elev: 7200ft.
15 Miles SSE Mt. Charleston NV
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 31 by noon, then falling to around 18 during the remainder of the day. Light and variable wind becoming east southeast around 6 mph in the morning.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 13. East wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 29. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12. Calm wind.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Light south wind becoming south southwest 8 to 13 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. Blustery.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Blustery.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Spring Mountains-Red Rock Canyon, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE