Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
- Wind SpeedWNW 7 MPH
- Barometer30.33 in (1029.6 mb)
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill29°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Las Vegas, North Las Vegas Airport (KVGT)
Lat: 36.21205 Lon: -115.19395 Elev: 2188ft.
13 Miles WNW Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport NV
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 30. Light west wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34. North northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 51.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 35.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Las Vegas Valley, NV
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 13 Miles WNW Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport NV
36.14°N 115.4°W (Elev. 3595 ft)
- Last Update: 3:25 pm PST Dec 11, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 3am PST Dec 12, 2013-6pm PST Dec 18, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE