Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 MPH
- Barometer30.08 in (1021.8 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
Las Vegas, North Las Vegas Airport (KVGT)
Lat: 36.21205 Lon: -115.19395 Elev: 2188ft.
9 Miles NW Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Calm wind.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow before 10am, then rain likely between 10am and 4pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44. Windy, with a southwest wind 9 to 19 mph increasing to 20 to 30 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 31. North northwest wind around 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 38. Breezy, with a north wind 17 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Sunday Night Clear, with a low around 26. Blustery, with a north northwest wind 16 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 37. Breezy.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Thursday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Las Vegas Valley, NV
- Point Forecast: Point Forecast: 9 Miles NW Las Vegas, McCarran International Airport NV
36.15°N 115.29°W (Elev. 2791 ft)
- Last Update: 2:16 pm PST Dec 6, 2013
- Forecast Valid: 4pm PST Dec 6, 2013-6pm PST Dec 13, 2013
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE