Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 13 G 24 mph
- Barometer30.00 in (1016.3 mb)
- Dewpoint29°F (-2°C)
- Visibility5.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Burlington Alamance Regional Airport (KBUY)
Lat: 36.05°N Lon: 79.47°W Elev: 617ft.
3 Miles ENE Altamahaw-Ossipee NC
7 Day Forecast
- Today Freezing rain and sleet before noon, then rain and snow between noon and 3pm, then rain after 3pm. The snow could be heavy at times. High near 35. Breezy, with a north wind 18 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of rain, mainly before 9pm. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing, with a low around 31. North wind 9 to 14 mph becoming light northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Patchy fog before 7am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 40. Southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 63. West wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 66.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 42.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 72.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday Night A chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Alamance County, NC
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE