Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
CRN SITE NEAR STOVEPIPE WELLS 1SW (ISWC1)
Lat: 36.60194 Lon: -117.14500 Elev: 80ft.
9 Miles SSW Lone Pine CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 5. Wind chill values as low as -8. Calm wind becoming west northwest around 6 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Wind chill values as low as -9. West southwest wind 5 to 9 mph.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly after 4am. Low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -12. West wind 13 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 25. Wind chill values as low as -12. Windy, with a west southwest wind 16 to 26 mph increasing to 27 to 37 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Windy, with a northwest wind 28 to 38 mph decreasing to 10 to 20 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 55 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 12.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Eastern Sierra Slopes of Inyo County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE