Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 9 mph
- Barometer30.43 in (1031.5 mb)
- Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Oak Ridge (KOQT)
Lat: 36.02 Lon: -84.23 Elev: 910ft.
8 Miles WNW Helenwood TN
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Tonight A chance of rain before midnight, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain and sleet. Low around 31. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Rain. High near 44. East wind around 5 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 39. South wind around 5 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 45. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Night A chance of rain before 1am, then snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Scott County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE