Winter Storm Continues Across Central U.S.
The powerful winter storm that has been affecting much of the central and western U.S. continues to intensify as it moves into Canada. Snow is tapering off across the Upper Midwest, but heavy snow is possible on Thur. from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley. Freezing rain is possible from TX to the Ohio Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer30.03 in (1016.2 mb)
- Dewpoint62°F (17°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Oak Ridge (KOQT)
Lat: 36.02 Lon: -84.23 Elev: 910ft.
8 Miles WNW Helenwood TN
7 Day Forecast
- Today A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 69. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Tonight Showers. Low around 48. West wind around 5 mph becoming north after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Friday Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 52. Northeast wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Rain, possibly mixing with sleet after 3am, then gradually ending. Low around 34. North wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. North wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and sleet before 11pm, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 51. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 43. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Scott County, TN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE