Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 7 mph
- Barometer30.57 in (1036.8 mb)
- Dewpoint10°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill10°F (-12°C)
Current conditions at
Rogers Automatic Weather Observing / Reporting Sys (KROG)
Lat: 36.38 Lon: -94.11 Elev: 1362ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 10. Calm wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 39. Wind chill values as low as 5. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Thursday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. South wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Friday A chance of freezing rain before 7am, then a chance of rain or freezing rain between 7am and 9am, then rain likely after 9am. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Wind chill values as low as 22. South wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain likely before 1am, then a chance of sprinkles or freezing rain between 1am and 5am, then a chance of freezing rain after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 31. South wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday A chance of sprinkles or freezing rain before 9am, then a chance of sprinkles between 9am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 38.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 48.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barry County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE