Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedWNW 7 MPH
- Barometer30.02 in (1017.8 mb)
- Dewpoint31°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Monterey, Monterey Peninsula Airport (KMRY)
Lat: 36.59056 Lon: -121.84750 Elev: 253ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 37. Northwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming southeast after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 49. East southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming north northwest in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Patchy frost after 10pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 39. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south southeast after midnight.
- Friday Rain likely, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51. South southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Cloudy, with a low around 44. West southwest wind around 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 44.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Southern Monterey Bay and Big Sur Coast, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE