Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint40°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight A 40 percent chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 36. North northwest wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday A chance of rain before noon, then freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with rain. Temperature falling to around 31 by 5pm. North wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Night Freezing rain and sleet before 3am, then snow and sleet. Low around 24. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Friday Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 9am. High near 26. North wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. North wind 8 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. North northeast wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 20. Northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Rain, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 29. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light north in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night A slight chance of snow and freezing rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. North northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 25. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 9. South southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 31. Calm wind.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Ripley County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE