Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM NNW Monterey CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH
- SynopsisLIGHT WIND AND SEAS ARE EXPECTED THROUGH LATE TONIGHT. WINDS WILL
GRADUALLY INCREASE EARLY FRIDAY MORNING AS A STRONG COLD FRONT
APPROACHES THE NORTHERN WATERS. WINDS WILL BRIEFLY INCREASE AHEAD
AND JUST BEHIND THE FRONTAL PASSAGE AS RAIN MOVES FROM NORTH TO
SOUTH THROUGH THE WATERS ON FRIDAY ALONG WITH A SLIGHT CHANCE OF
THUNDERSTORMS. BEHIND THE FRONT LIGHTER NW WINDS ARE FORECAST
FRIDAY EVENING. ON SATURDAY STRONGER NW WINDS AND BUILDING SEAS TO
AROUND 10 FEET WILL DEVELOP CREATING SOME HAZARDOUS SEAS FOR THE
START OF CRAB SEASON.
- Tonight SSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Cloudy. Mixed swell...W 3 ft at 9 seconds and S 1 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 8 to 14 kt. Showers. Mixed swell...WNW 4 ft at 9 seconds and W 1 ft at 11 seconds becoming SSW. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night W wind 9 to 13 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 11pm, then showers likely. Some of the storms could produce small hail. Mixed swell...W 8 ft at 14 seconds and SSW 2 ft at 11 seconds building to at 14 seconds . Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday WNW wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Mixed swell...W 8 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 8 ft and SW 1 ft becoming S. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 5 ft and S 1 ft becoming WSW. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...WNW 4 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night W wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Mixed swell...WNW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE