Heavy rain possible for the northern Rockies & Plains; severe storms for the Northern Plains
An unseasonably strong storm system in the northwest U.S. will bring showers and thunderstorms, with locally heavy rainfall, to the northern Rockies and northern Plains. Isolated flash floods will be possible in these areas. Some storms could become severe in parts of the Dakotas into Minnesota, with large hail and damaging winds. In addition, temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average.
2NM NNW Monterey CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA WEAK SURFACE PRESSURE GRADIENT WILL MAINTAIN GENERALLY LIGHT TO
MODERATE WINDS ACROSS THE COASTAL WATERS THROUGH MUCH OF THE
FORECAST PERIOD. THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED OVER THE
NORTHERN WATERS. A MIXED SWELL FEATURING A MODERATE PERIOD
SOUTHERLY COMPONENT WILL CONTINUE INTO EARLY NEXT WEEK.
- This Afternoon Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft at 8 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 13 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of drizzle after 11pm. Patchy fog after 11pm. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft at 8 seconds and SSW 1 to 2 ft at 12 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday WSW wind 5 to 9 kt. A chance of drizzle before 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Mixed swell...NW 3 ft at 9 seconds and SW 3 ft at 11 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. NW swell 3 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday WSW wind around 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...NW 3 ft and WSW 2 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...NW 3 ft and WSW 2 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 3 ft and WSW 2 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 6 to 11 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft and ...becoming WNW 3 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming W around 6 kt in the afternoon. Partly sunny. WNW swell 2 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE