Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
2NM NNW Monterey CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
- SynopsisWEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE TO DIMINISH THROUGH TONIGHT
AS A STRONG SURFACE LOW PRESSURE PULLS AWAY FROM THE REGION. IN
ADDITION...A LARGE WESTERLY SWELL MOVING THROUGH THE WATERS WILL
SLOWLY SUBSIDE OVERNIGHT. WIND SPEEDS WILL THEN INCREASE AGAIN
SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING OVER THE COASTAL WATERS AS HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE CALIFORNIA COAST.
- Late Afternoon SW wind around 12 kt. Scattered showers. Mixed swell...NW 8 ft at 12 seconds and W 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Scattered showers, mainly before 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 8 ft at 13 seconds and WSW 1 to 2 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Sunday N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming NW 11 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 13 seconds and WSW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night N wind 11 to 20 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SW 1 ft. Wind waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Monday N wind around 6 kt becoming WNW in the morning. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and W 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind 15 to 19 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and W 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 7 kt becoming NNW in the morning. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and SW 1 ft becoming S. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE