Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.39 in
- Dewpoint26°F (-3°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.68 Lon: -82.03 Elev: 2070ft.
6 Miles NNW Whitetop VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 36. West wind around 10 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Rain and snow likely before 8am, then rain. High near 45. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE