Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the West Coast through Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Read More... Humidity100% Wind SpeedCalm Barometer30.22 in Dewpoint37°F (3°C) Visibility2.50 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.68°N Lon: 82.03°W Elev: 2070ft.
6 Miles NNW Whitetop VA 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast Today Partly sunny, with a high near 41. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph. Tonight A chance of drizzle between 1am and 4am, then a chance of rain or drizzle after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Monday A 40 percent chance of rain, mainly between 7am and 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 45. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest after midnight. Tuesday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50. South wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Tuesday Night Showers. Low around 46. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Wednesday Showers. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Christmas Day A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 20%. Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Friday Night A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Saturday A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47.