Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.08 in
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill46°F (8°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9°N Lon: 81.35°W Elev: 2559ft.
5 Miles WSW Troutdale VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Clear, with a low around 33. West wind 15 to 18 mph.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 54. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 22 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 21 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. West wind 11 to 18 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 47. West wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Showers likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 54. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 14. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 49.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Smyth County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE