Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect across the northern Plains and Upper Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 12 mph
- Barometer30.27 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9 Lon: -81.35 Elev: 2559ft.
5 Miles WSW Troutdale VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 17. West wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 30. West wind 14 to 17 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 16. West wind 10 to 17 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night Sleet likely before 5am, then rain and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 2am, then rain and snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Smyth County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE