Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 14 G 17 mph
- Barometer30.26 in
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill33°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9 Lon: -81.35 Elev: 2559ft.
2 Miles WSW Troutdale VA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A chance of sleet before 4am, then a chance of snow and sleet. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Rain and snow, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 40. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain likely before 3am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Light and variable wind becoming west 11 to 16 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Breezy, with a west wind around 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grayson County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE