Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 9 MPH
- Barometer29.97 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Mercury, Desert Rock Airport (KDRA)
Lat: 36.62070 Lon: -116.02868 Elev: 3238ft.
17 Miles WNW Mercury NV
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 37. Northeast wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. East northeast wind around 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. East wind 7 to 15 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Southeast wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Breezy.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 40.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 49.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Clark and Southern Nye County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE