Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 9 mph
- Barometer29.90 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9°N Lon: 81.35°W Elev: 2559ft.
2 Miles WSW Sugar Grove VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 42. West wind around 11 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 68. West wind 11 to 14 mph.
- Tuesday Night A chance of showers, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 49. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 56. Breezy, with a light west wind increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers likely before 11pm, then rain and snow showers likely between 11pm and midnight, then snow showers likely after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 29 mph, with gusts as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers before 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 52.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Smyth County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE