Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure system will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring a variety of wintry weather to a large portion of the country. Hardest hit areas are expected to be in the Northeast and New England where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Wayne County Airport (KEKQ)
Lat: 36.86°N Lon: 84.86°W Elev: 963ft.
Marshes Siding KY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 4am. Low around 57. South southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Wednesday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Temperature rising to near 59 by 9am, then falling to around 35 during the remainder of the day. Windy, with a southwest wind 13 to 18 mph becoming west 19 to 24 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 39 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers and snow showers likely, possibly mixed with sleet before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 2am and 5am, then a slight chance of flurries after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday A chance of flurries, mainly between 9am and 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Light and variable wind.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38.
- Sunday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for McCreary County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE