We need your feedback! Take our new, shorter survey
NWS is conducting research on how to better serve your needs. Please complete our annual customer satisfaction survey. We’ve shortened it from previous years to make it easier for you to share your opinions with us. The survey is available via the link below and the core section should only take about 10 minutes to complete. Details...
15NM S Santa Cruz CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLIGHT WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL PERSIST ACROSS THE COASTAL
WATERS AS HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE EASTERN PACIFIC. A COLD
FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION WEDNESDAY AND MODERATE PERIOD
NORTHWESTERLY SWELL WILL BUILD.
- Overnight NW wind 12 to 14 kt. Patchy fog. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft at 10 seconds and SW 1 ft at 17 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind 7 to 13 kt. Patchy fog before 11am. Mixed swell...WNW 3 ft at 9 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Mixed swell...W 3 ft at 8 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Mixed swell...WNW 7 ft and ...becoming WNW 7 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind 7 to 12 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. WNW swell 8 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. A chance of showers, mainly before 11am. WNW swell 7 to 8 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 7 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. WNW swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly cloudy. WNW swell 6 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 9 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. WNW swell 5 ft. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE