Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
15NM S Santa Cruz CA
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH
- SynopsisA 992 MB LOW WILL DEEPEN WEST OF CAPE MENDOCINO THIS EVENING WITH
INCREASING SOUTHERLY WINDS. GALE FORCE WINDS WILL DEVELOP
OVERNIGHT ACROSS THE NORTHERN WATERS WITH STRONG SMALL CRAFT WINDS
DEVELOPING ELSEWHERE. A LINE OF RAIN AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE THROUGH
THE WATERS EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE
NORTH OF THE GOLDEN GATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. WINDS WILL EASE AND
SHOWERS WILL END BY SATURDAY NIGHT WITH LIGHTER WINDS AND MODERATE
SEAS SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.
- Tonight SW wind 8 to 18 kt becoming S after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of rain after 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft at 12 seconds and SW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 ft building to 5 ft.
- Saturday S wind 14 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 11am. Mixed swell...NW 10 ft at 12 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 5 ft subsiding to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 11 to 16 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. A chance of rain, mainly before 11pm. Mixed swell...NW 9 ft at 13 seconds and SSW 1 ft at 16 seconds. Wind waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 7 to 14 kt. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 7 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 19 to 24 kt, with gusts as high as 30 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 6 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves 4 to 6 ft.
- Monday N wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the morning. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 5 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night N wind 18 to 23 kt decreasing to 5 to 10 kt in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Mostly clear. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and SSW 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Mixed swell...NW 4 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Mixed swell...NW 6 ft and S 1 ft. Wind waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE