Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedW 3 mph
- Barometer30.29 in (1025.7 mb)
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Norfolk International Airport (KORF)
Lat: 36.91 Lon: -76.2 Elev: 24ft.
6 Miles ESE Norfolk VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Clear, with a low around 29. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph becoming northwest after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 35. North wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. North wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night Rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Virginia Beach, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE