Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.65 in (1038.4 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport (KCGI)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -89.58 Elev: 337ft.
2 Miles NW Anniston MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 30. Calm wind becoming south southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Light south southwest wind.
- Friday A chance of rain and snow after noon. Increasing clouds, with a high near 37. South wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Friday Night Rain and snow, becoming all rain after midnight. Low around 34. South southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of rain before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. North northwest wind around 10 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22. South southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. South southwest wind 5 to 8 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. West southwest wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29. Light west wind.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 5 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Mississippi County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE