Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.96 in
- Dewpoint59°F (15°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerset-Pulaski County-J.T. Wilson Field Airport (KSME)
Lat: 37.06 Lon: -84.61 Elev: 928ft.
9 Miles E Bakerton KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain and possibly a thunderstorm. Temperature falling to around 50 by 5pm. Southwest wind 7 to 9 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. Low around 40. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain. High near 40. Northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Sleet likely, possibly mixed with snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 27. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before midnight, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with rain and snow. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Freezing rain, possibly mixed with rain, becoming all rain after noon. High near 45. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 36. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Russell County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE