Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.15 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Glasgow Municipal Airport (KGLW)
Lat: 36.96 Lon: -85.95 Elev: 715ft.
3 Miles W Lucas KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain before 5pm, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain. High near 35. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected.
- Tonight Freezing rain and sleet, possibly mixed with rain before 1am, then a slight chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet between 1am and 2am. Low around 26. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 27. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after noon. High near 39. East wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Allen County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE