Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 9 mph
- Barometer30.14 in
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Glasgow Municipal Airport (KGLW)
Lat: 36.96 Lon: -85.95 Elev: 715ft.
5 Miles W Lucas KY
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Rain. Low around 35. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Friday Rain. High near 37. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and sleet between midnight and 2am. Low around 24. North wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 28. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after noon. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Barren County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE