Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Mostly Cloudy and Breezy
- Wind SpeedNW 21 G 30 mph
- Barometer29.88 in (1012.0 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77°N Lon: 90.32°W Elev: 479ft.
5 Miles S Wappapello MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a temperature rising to near 46 by noon, then falling to around 39 during the remainder of the day. North northwest wind 15 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. North northwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 54. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 37. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 64. South southwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. South southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming northeast 5 to 7 mph in the morning.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. North northeast wind 11 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. North wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 50. North northeast wind around 8 mph becoming east in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Breezy, with a south wind 9 to 14 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 28 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE