Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 4 G 8 MPH
- Dewpoint7°F (-14°C)
- Wind Chill17°F (-8°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.91250 Lon: -116.75556 Elev: 3215ft.
9 Miles ESE Beatty NV
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. South wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight A 30 percent chance of snow showers after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. East southeast wind around 9 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly between 10am and 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. East southeast wind 9 to 13 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North wind 15 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 29. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 18.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Esmeralda and Central Nye County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE