Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 7 mph
- Barometer29.56 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill53°F (12°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.77°N Lon: 80.82°W Elev: 2736ft.
4 Miles E Max Meadows VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers and thunderstorms before 4pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly after 4pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds. High near 67. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers likely before 9pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. Windy, with a northwest wind 29 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday A slight chance of snow showers between 7am and 11am. Sunny, with a high near 30. Wind chill values as low as -1. Blustery, with a northwest wind 20 to 24 mph, with gusts as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 22. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 55. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wythe County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE