Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.34 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -80.82 Elev: 2736ft.
4 Miles E Max Meadows VA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 39. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. Northwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 10 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 18. West wind around 6 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44. West wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow and sleet before 10am, then rain. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of sprinkles and flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wythe County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE