Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast and Breezy
- Wind SpeedW 24 G 37 mph
- Barometer29.54 in (1000.0 mb)
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill35°F (2°C)
Current conditions at
London-Corbin Airport-Magee Field (KLOZ)
Lat: 37.09°N Lon: 84.04°W Elev: 1206ft.
5 Miles W Keavy KY
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Showers, mainly after 4pm. High near 61. Windy, with a west northwest wind around 29 mph, with gusts as high as 40 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Tonight Rain and snow showers before 2am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 2am and 5am. Low around 19. Blustery, with a northwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Scattered flurries between 9am and 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. Calm wind becoming south around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 60. Breezy, with a southwest wind 7 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 36.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 59.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Laurel County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE