Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 8 mph
- Barometer29.93 in
- Dewpoint57°F (14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Somerset-Pulaski County-J.T. Wilson Field Airport (KSME)
Lat: 37.06 Lon: -84.61 Elev: 928ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 11am. High near 67. South southwest wind 6 to 11 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 41. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Temperature falling to around 37 by 5pm. North northeast wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain, possibly mixed with snow and sleet before 11pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Low around 30. North wind 9 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday A chance of freezing drizzle before 11am, then a chance of drizzle between 11am and noon. Partly sunny, with a high near 37. North wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 2am, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 46. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 43.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday A chance of flurries. Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Pulaski County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE