Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 10 mph
- Barometer30.30 in
- Dewpoint16°F (-9°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
Marion / Wytheville (KMKJ)
Lat: 36.9 Lon: -81.35 Elev: 2559ft.
5 Miles S Bland VA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 18. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of rain and snow showers before 4am, then rain showers and sleet likely between 4am and 5am, then sleet likely after 5am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Rain showers and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. High near 42. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 33. South wind 5 to 8 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain showers between 10am and 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 41.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 45.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 45.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wythe County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE