Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 12 mph
- Barometer30.48 in
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Somerset-Pulaski County-J.T. Wilson Field Airport (KSME)
Lat: 37.06 Lon: -84.61 Elev: 928ft.
3 Miles NNW Russell Springs KY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 3am, then sleet. Low around 27. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet before 8am, then rain. High near 40. East wind 5 to 8 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 35. Calm wind becoming west around 6 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before noon, then a chance for drizzle before ending. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. West wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. North wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow before noon, then a slight chance of rain between noon and 5pm, then a slight chance of snow after 5pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 34.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 43.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Russell County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE