Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.52 in (1034.6 mb)
- Dewpoint11°F (-12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Poplar Bluff Municipal Airport (KPOF)
Lat: 36.77 Lon: -90.32 Elev: 479ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around 6. Wind chill values as low as -7. North wind around 10 mph.
- Saturday Increasing clouds, with a high near 19. Wind chill values as low as -7. North northeast wind 8 to 10 mph.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow and sleet before noon, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Northeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Calm wind becoming west southwest around 6 mph in the evening.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. North northwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 29. West southwest wind around 6 mph.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8. West southwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 32. Calm wind.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17. Southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 38. South wind around 6 mph.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Wayne County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE