Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 3 mph
- Barometer30.32 in
- Dewpoint19°F (-7°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Richlands Tazewell County Airport (KJFZ)
Lat: 37.06 Lon: -81.8 Elev: 2651ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 38. West wind 6 to 11 mph.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around 16. West wind 8 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 29. West wind 9 to 13 mph.
- Thursday Night Clear, with a low around 17. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Southwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow before 9pm, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow and sleet before 10am, then rain. High near 40. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow showers. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Tazewell County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE