Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Thunderstorm in Vicinity
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.09 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill26°F (-3°C)
Current conditions at
Glasgow Municipal Airport (KGLW)
Lat: 36.96 Lon: -85.95 Elev: 715ft.
Mammoth Cave KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain or freezing rain before 3pm, then freezing rain between 3pm and 5pm, then freezing rain, possibly mixed with sleet after 5pm. High near 34. North wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle between midnight and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. North wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30. North wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of snow before midnight, then freezing rain and sleet. Low around 25. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after noon. High near 38. Northeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 28.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Edmonson County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE