Winter Storm to Impact Parts of the Midwest, Northern Appalachians and New England
A storm system will take shape over the central U.S. on Friday, with heavy snow in portions of the Midwest and Ohio Valley. On Saturday, the snow will shift northeast and extend from the Ohio Valley into the New England states. Also, freezing rain will be possible from northwestern Arkansas into Indiana on Friday and along the Central Appalachians into the southern New England on Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Rain
- Wind SpeedS 12 mph
- Barometer30.10 in (1020.5 mb)
- Dewpoint27°F (-3°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Springfield-Branson National Airport (KSGF)
Lat: 37.23 Lon: -93.38 Elev: 1259ft.
4 Miles N Springfield MO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Periods of freezing rain and sleet before noon, then periods of rain and sleet. High near 36. Wind chill values as low as 20. South wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Total daytime ice accumulation of around a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Periods of snow and sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 30. Wind chill values as low as 23. South wind 8 to 13 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Saturday Areas of snow and freezing drizzle before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 33. Wind chill values as low as 17. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as 7. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 36. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 46.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 27.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 47.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greene County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE