Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedW 5 mph
- Barometer29.82 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Virginia Tech Airport (KBCB)
Lat: 37.21°N Lon: 80.41°W Elev: 2133ft.
2 Miles NNE Blacksburg VA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 39. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near 69. West wind 10 to 13 mph.
- Tuesday Night Increasing clouds, with a low around 47. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Wednesday A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 8am. High near 62. Southeast wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night A slight chance of rain showers before midnight, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between midnight and 2am, then a chance of snow showers after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Windy, with a northwest wind around 26 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Thursday A chance of snow showers before 8am. Sunny, with a high near 32. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 54.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 50.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Montgomery County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE