Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNNW 8 MPH
- Barometer29.95 in (1015.8 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill9°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Bishop, Bishop Airport (KBIH)
Lat: 37.37111 Lon: -118.35806 Elev: 4121ft.
13 Miles ESE Bishop CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Light and variable wind.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 22. Calm wind.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as zero. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind.
- Friday Night A 40 percent chance of snow after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15. West wind 5 to 9 mph becoming north northwest in the evening. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Saturday Snow likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10. Blustery.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for White Mountains of Inyo County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE