Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 6 mph
- Barometer29.81 in
- Dewpoint39°F (4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill43°F (6°C)
Current conditions at
Stuart Powell Field Airport (KDVK)
Lat: 37.58°N Lon: 84.77°W Elev: 1022ft.
3 Miles S Elk Horn KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 73. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Scattered showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 56. South wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Wednesday Periods of rain showers before 2pm, then scattered rain and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. High near 56. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 16 mph becoming west 17 to 22 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Wednesday Night Scattered rain and snow showers before 11pm, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11pm and 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Northwest wind 11 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 40. Northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 28.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Friday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 58.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Taylor County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE