Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 mph
- Barometer30.14 in
- Dewpoint34°F (1°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill28°F (-2°C)
Current conditions at
Stuart Powell Field Airport (KDVK)
Lat: 37.58 Lon: -84.77 Elev: 1022ft.
3 Miles S Elk Horn KY
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly after 8am. High near 36. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 2am, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle between 2am and 4am. Low around 25. North wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. North wind around 8 mph.
- Saturday Night Freezing rain and sleet after 1am. Low around 26. Northeast wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Rain or freezing rain, becoming all rain after 1pm. High near 38. East wind 6 to 10 mph becoming southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Taylor County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE