Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer30.44 in
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill21°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Stuart Powell Field Airport (KDVK)
Lat: 37.58 Lon: -84.77 Elev: 1022ft.
Elk Horn KY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 21. Southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain, mainly after 5pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 44. South wind 3 to 6 mph.
- Friday Night Rain and snow likely before 1am, then rain. Low around 34. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Saturday Rain. High near 43. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow and freezing drizzle. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 43.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Taylor County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE