Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNE 8 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1028.0 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill39°F (4°C)
Current conditions at
Lynchburg Regional Airport (KLYH)
Lat: 37.34 Lon: -79.2 Elev: 940ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Tonight A chance of sleet after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Sunday Sleet likely before 9am, then freezing rain. High near 30. Northeast wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain before 1am, then rain or freezing rain. Low around 30. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 1pm. High near 45. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Tuesday Snow showers likely before 8am, then rain showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Appomattox County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE