Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 5 mph
- Barometer29.93 in (1012.4 mb)
- Dewpoint54°F (12°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Julian Carroll Airport (KJKL)
Lat: 37.6 Lon: -83.32 Elev: 1365ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain likely, mainly after 2pm. Cloudy, with a high near 68. South southwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 41. North northwest wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. High near 45. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.
- Friday Night Rain, snow, and sleet before 3am, then a chance of snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 3am and 5am, then a chance of snow, freezing drizzle, and sleet after 5am. Low around 31. North northwest wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday A chance of freezing drizzle before 9am, then a chance of drizzle between 9am and 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. North northwest wind around 7 mph.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain, snow, and sleet before 2am, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Rain. High near 44. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Night Rain. Low around 41. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Monday Rain likely. Cloudy, with a high near 44. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday Night A 30 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday A chance of flurries. Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 34.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Perry County, KY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE